Are you moving to Brooklyn soon? Organizing the moving process is not easy and it does not include only packing and transporting belongings to a new home. Part of the moving is to explore a place you are moving to and to learn as much as you can. It will help you adjust after moving faster. Explore Brooklyn properly after moving and become a true New Yorker.
Things to know before moving to Brooklyn
Before you move, there are some things to know about this borough in NYC. They are reasons why people love Brooklyn and what problems people have living here.
- Neighborhoods are famous, such as Dumbo, Williamsburg, Park Slope, Brooklyn Heights
- The costs of living are high. From rent to utilities and food, but you can explore Brooklyn properly after moving and save money.
- Apartments are small and expensive, but you can handle a lack of space by renting a storage unit. Visit movers101.com and find one for you.
- Public transportation (the subway system) is the best in the country.
- You probably won’t drive a car after moving to Brooklyn because of parking places and traffic jams.
- You will experience all four seasons in NYC – spring, summer, fall, and winter.
- The food is amazing.
- It has a lot of parks such as Prospect Park, Brooklyn Bridge Park, Green-Wood Cemetary, and Coney Island.
- You will enjoy shopping.
Organizing moving to Brooklyn
To explore Brooklyn after moving and to relax, you should have moving professionals on your side so you don’t have to worry about moving. Find companies that can handle your Brooklyn move and your only job is to explore Brooklyn and boroughs around.
Explore Brooklyn properly after moving and visit these places
What to visit and see after moving to Brooklyn? What is has to offer to tourists and newcomers?
- See art in Dumbo and also, from Dumbo you will get great views at Manhattan and bridges.
- Visit Brooklyn Navy Yard and BLDG 92 museum (it is open on weekends).
- Nightlife in Brooklyn is great, and you must visit some of the best bars in Brooklyn for newcomers.
- Restaurants are different, explore the food scene and find your favorite spot for brunch.
- Walk across the famous Brooklyn Bridge.
- The New York Transit Museum is located in Brooklyn and it has a collection of vintage subway cars.
- Shop at Brooklyn flea market and find a lot of interesting items and treasures.
- If you love music, hear chamber music on a Barge.
- Explore Williamsburg, it is changing all the time.
- Spend a day in Coney Island, especially during summer.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden is a perfect place for relaxing and it is different depending on the season.
- Prospect Park Zoo is not only a place for kids. Here you can see a lot of animals and you can pet them.
Explore Brooklyn properly after moving and make a plan on what to visit. If you are moving with kids to Brooklyn, don’t worry, there are a lot of family-friendly places too.