If you are moving to a small apartment somewhere in New York City, then you must know how to prepare for that mission. You see, this process is already hard, but when you have to do it while Coronavirus outbreak, then it can be even more. This big change for you from a suburban house to a small city apartment will bring a lot. But only when you are properly prepared, you will be able to get what you want. You will know how to find a condo that suits your needs for space, location, budget and overall comfort. And now, all you need is to learn how to organize moving to a smaller apartment during covid-19 pandemic.
Where to begin?
Well, since you are moving to a smaller apartment during covid-19 pandemic, you have two things to prepare for. Those are – the relocation to New York City – and the other one is – protection from Coronavirus. Both of them require special rules that need to be followed. Your job is to learn what they are and how to prepare for them.
Strat by how to plan and organize your NYC move. After that, learn how to maximize space by using creative storage options can help you achieve more efficiency and space in your new apartment. And when you take care of that, it’s time to get ready for the moving day. For this part, you have to make sure that you are 100% equipped to begin it. Because only when you are well informed about protection from the covid-19, you and your mover will have nothing to worry about.
Prepare for the movers!
When you are moving to a smaller apartment during covid-19 pandemic, it’s important to know what it takes to be properly ready for relocating specialists. And since you have to face the daunting challenge of transferring during the coronavirus crisis, you should know that moving companies are still able to help you! You just have to find someone like Verrazano Moving and Storage Staten Island. These movers will take a range of precautions to ensure your move is easy, safe, and of course virus-free.
Tips you should have in mind when moving to a smaller apartment during covid-19 pandemic
Get ready for your move to during covid-19 pandemic with these tips:
- Make a deal with your movers! For this part of the process, you have to find some Queens, Bronx or Brooklyn movers you can rely on. Because the key to a successful move is clear communication with the people who will be helping you.
- Keep belongings clean – During the covid-19 pandemic, it’s quite important to keep items as sanitized as possible. Whether you are moving locally or long distance, you have to pack them carefully and make sure the seal them in boxes and bags. When movers unload your belongings, you should clean each box before bringing it into your house.
- Distance – It’s important to keep a safe distance from yourself and the crew during the move.
- Sign paperwork electronically – Avoid anything you would usually do with physical contacts.
- Leave out the medically jeopardized people. Don’t ask them to help during your move.
Downsize and organize
Before you start packing for a move, there are so many things you have to take care of. The first thing you have to do is to create an inventory list of all belongings you want to bring with you. In this process, it’s important to declutter. Thanks to that you will only move items you need into your new small apartment. Besides that, you will also know how much packing materials you should prepare. And last but not least – you have to learn how to keep those items clean and how to protect them from damage. Once you take care of that you can ask around for some help to find out which labor services are the most affordable when it comes to moving.
Before moving to a smaller apartment during covid-19 pandemic
- When moving into a small apartment you must be aware of its size! Make sure you store less frequently used items on top shelves of linen closets and kitchen cabinets.
- It’s very important to clean your belongings before you move!
- Keep only the items you are going to use.
- Learn how to pack and move a living room. If it’s possible, purchase “double duty” furniture. They can be handy because they have more than one function.
- Use overlooked areas to store items. For example, you can use the space under the bed, behind a couch, and even the back sides of the closet and cabinet doors.
- Join a drop-down table or desk.
Choose wisely your partners!
Another thing that is very important when moving to a smaller apartment during covid-19 pandemic is having the best partners to work with. To get those, you must learn how to find affordable and reliable movers. You have to gather lots of information that can help you discover who are the professionals that are ready to move you during Coronavirus outbreak. Those have to be relocating specialists who are trained for these kinds of relocation and who will ensure that your belongings are safely transported from point A to point NYC!
After the big move during covid-19 pandemic
When movers arrive at your new address, it’s time for unpacking. But, before that, you have to prepare your apartment for moving in. So, after you clean everything from top to bottom, you can start unboxing and organizing your items. During this pandemic, the most important thing you have to do is to keep yourself and your home clean. So, gather as many tips and tricks as you can find to protect yourself when moving to a smaller apartment during covid-19 pandemic.