Do you need to transport your car to a new place where you will live? How to prepare your vehicle for moving, if you have no experience, this may be intimidating for you. Move a car to another city stress-free, it is possible if you have the right tips. We can help you.
Tips to help you move a car to another city
Moving long distance is not an easy thing to do. You need to move your entire life to a new, unfamiliar place. Is shipping cars during your move worth it? If you really love your car and it is pricy, it is definitely worth it.
Hiring a transport company
One of the safest and easier solutions is to find a transport company. The USA has any of the companies, but you should choose according to reliability and affordability. When shipping your car to another city you must prepare your car too. That means to wash it (indoor and outdoor), check if a car has damages, make a photo of your car, prepare the documents, etc. If you don’t want to put miles on your car or to drive long-distance, hire a transport company.
How much it will cost you?
Of course, costs are one of the biggest concerns when moving and shipping your vehicle. To calculate if it is worth it, you should know how much it will cost you. The average costs can be anywhere from $600 and $1,000. And that depends on:
- The size and weight of your car – a bigger car, higher costs.
- The distance from your current home to another city. For example, shipping a car from NY to FL will be more expensive than shipping a car from NY to MA.
- What is a model of your car and how old it is? shipping a luxury or classic car is more expensive.
- Date when you want to move a car to another city because it will be more expensive if moving is during the season months (summer).
- Costs of enclosed carrier and an open-air carrier are not the same – the type of transport will affect the total cost.
Hiring a professional driver
Another solution you have is to hire a professional driver to drive a car to another city. It will put miles on your car and it will cost you (paying a driver and paying for gas). Always hire a driver from driving company, don’t hire a non-professional driver.
Driving a car by yourself
If you can move a car to another city on your own and you have experience in driving, then this is a great option. But, if it is a long-distance move, keep in mind that you will lose 2 or 3 days. Your costs will be only paying for the gas and after moving, paying for new documents.